0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Done! Do you want to do it again or shall we move on?
Add EN as a prefix (en-) or suffix (-en) to the 10 words to create words which mean the same as the definitions or synonyms provided. In brackets, below, you have examples of word partnerships the words appear in.
e.g.. rich enrich – to improve the quality of…
(…your vocabulary /life)
1. compass – include a wide range of ideas, subjects, etc; cover
(… a wide range of /a wide variety of)
2. threat – be likely to harm or destroy something; endanger
(… to do sth)
3. force – make people obey a rule or law
(… a law / ban)
4. act – make a proposal into a law
(…policy / reform / legislation)
5. loose – make laws, rules etc less strict, relax rules, etc.
(… control / one’s tongue / one’s grip)
6. close – attach in a letter, etc., also to surround something, especially with a fence or wall, in order to make it separate
(… a copy of / a form / information)
7. wide – become wider, larger; broaden
(… the scope of/ choice / gap / market )
8. short – to become shorter or make something shorter; opposite of lengthen
(… the length / period)
9. deep – intensify, make stronger
(…mystery / understanding / crisis)
10. tight – to make a rule, law, or system more strict
(…law / policy / procedure / standards)