0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Match each definition with one of the words/phrases from the above A-Z of Trade Marks list.
1. …. entails claiming as priority date of the EUTM application the date on which the goods or services covered by the EUTM application were displayed at an officially recognised exhibition under the mark as filed
2. scope, extent (of protection)
3. proceedings, in which two or more parties are in conflict
4. have equal effect throughout the EU, e.g. a trade mark must be refused registration if an absolute ground exists only in part of the European Union
5. an international treaty that allows a trademark owner to seek registration in any of the countries that have joined the Agreement by filing a single application, called an “international application”
6. an interval during which two sides in a disagreement can try to settle their differences before taking further action
7. The proprietor of an earlier trade mark registered in a Member State or registered under international arrangements having effect in a Member State, who applies for an identical trade mark for registration as an EUTM for goods or services that are identical to or contained within those for which the earlier trade mark has been registered, may claim for the EUTM application the __________ of the earlier trade mark in respect of the Member State in or for which it is registered.
When the ____________ claim is accepted, the applicant may decide not to renew the earlier national registrations but still be in the same position as if the earlier trade mark had continued to be registered in those Member States where the earlier marks were registered.
8. supporting a claim with proof/ evidence or objective data
9. the law as established by the outcome of former cases
10. the fact of being formally acceptable or allowed