Many of the guidelines that apply to e-mail also apply to the use of discussions. Use the following conventions when composing a comment or discussion posting:
- If you want to send a personal message to the instructor or to another student, use e-mail rather than the discussion forum (see above E-mail Guidlines).
- Be patient. Don’t expect an immediate response when you post to the forum.
- Respect each other’s ideas, feelings and experience.
- Explore disagreements and support assertions with data and evidence.
- “Subject” headings: use something that is descriptive and refer to a particular discussion topic or task when applicable.
- Avoid posting large blocks of text. If you must, break them into paragraphs and use a space between paragraphs.
← Comment guidelines